Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minors: A Comprehensive Guide
Do you wish to know about the guidelines for the child’s travel? If yes, take detailed note of the Spirit Airlines unaccompanied minor and make reservations accordingly.
Spirit Airlines permits children to fly alone and takes good care of flights until they reach the final destination. Moreover, the airline accepts minors alone on direct domestic flights within Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Most importantly, unaccompanied minors are not allowed to take international flights.
What is the Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Travel Policy?
Spirit Airlines features certain rules and regulations for the children flying alone on the plane. Moreover, if you plan a trip for minors, you must check out the following guidelines.
- Parents must inform the airline about the Spirit Airlines unaccompanied minor travel in advance.
- Moreover, you can check in at the ticket counter at least 60 minutes before the scheduled flight departure.
- You must submit an unaccompanied minor form at the airport with photo identification before the airline accepts the child.
- Additionally, a parent/guardian must obtain a gate pass at the airport. They have to escort the child and remain at the gate area along with the minor until the flight departure.
- Spirit Airlines does not accept minors on connecting flights, domestic and international flights, including a scheduled change of aircraft.
- The person dropping off the kid must stay at the gate for 15 minutes after the flight takes off.
- Minors getting late to board the flight in advance may be boarded last to ensure the introduction to the representative.
- Parents/local guardians mentioned on the unaccompanied minor form should arrive at the destination airport early. Furthermore, they can receive a gate pass from the ticket counter and stay at the gate for the arrival flight.
Age Restrictions on the Spirit Unaccompanied Minor Policy
As per the Spirit unaccompanied minor policy, children of a certain age are not allowed to fly alone. While others may or may not take flights alone or accompanied by another passenger of at least 15 years old. For instance,
- Children under four years old may not fly alone during the flight. However, a companion of 15 years should accompany them till the kids reach the final destination.
- Moreover, if your kid is between the 5-14 age group, the airline will consider them unaccompanied minors.
- The team will permit minors to board direct flights that do not need a plane change for the next destination.
- In addition, children of 15 or more years may not have to avail of the Spirit unaccompanied minor service. However, they have to bring a valid photo ID card or birth certificate to verify their age at the airport.
How to Book Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service?
One can book Spirit Airlines unaccompanied minor flights online on the airline’s official site. However, the airline does not offer an online check-in facility applicable to confirmed flight bookings.
You can follow the Below Steps to Book the Spirit Airline Unaccompanied Minor service online.
- Firstly, browse the Spirit Airlines official site and click on the “Book Flights” tab.
- Secondly, you have to make an online flight reservation for minors like you normally do.
- Enter the trip details and choose from the dropdown box of the child flying on the flight.
- Choose the number of children boarding the flight alone.
- After that, click on the “Search Flights” button.
- Next, mention the child’s date of birth and hit the “Continue” button.
- You will see a message on your screen stating whether you are eligible for the travel or not. Moreover, the page will show the per-way Spirit unaccompanied minor fee.
- Now go through the minor acceptance policies and press the “Accept” button.
- Follow these on-screen prompts to –
i) choose your child’s flight
ii) select a bundle
iii) mention your child’s information
iv) purchase kid’s bags
v) reserve a seat
vi) Fill in the payment details
vii) Confirm the minor flight and make the final payment using a credit or debit card.
- After that, you will obtain your kid’s e-ticket after the airline receives the payment.
- Remember that you have to fill out an unaccompanied minor form at the airport check-in counter.
How Much Does Spirit Airlines Charges for Unaccompanied Minors?
As per the minor policy, one can book direct domestic flights for kids online or through a phone call. Moreover, Spirit Airlines charges $100 per way and child. The fee covers the cost of snacks and a beverage and not the full meal on the flight. However, if you book a round trip, you have to pay $200.
Children between 5 and 14 years can fly alone under the unaccompanied minors Spirit travel. However, the service is only applicable if the kids meet the requirements of the minor policy. The team will accept the minors on direct flights which do not require a change of aircraft or flight number.
Spirit Airlines charges $100 as an unaccompanied minor service fee per person each way. Moreover, the fee covers a snack and a beverage served during the flight. If you want to book a round trip, the airline will charge you $200.
If you are 18 or more years old, show a valid U.S. federal or state-issued photo ID card. Moreover, when flying on international flights excluding Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, show a passport. Most importantly, some countries impose different rules and regulations for vaccination and other travel documents.
Children under the age group of 14 years can take flights alone as unaccompanied minors. Moreover, you can fly alone if you are under 15 years and older without any travel restrictions. However the team will ask you to provide your photo ID card or birth certificate to verify your actual age.
A parent or a local guardian has to bring the minor to the airport. Also, they have to fill out a minor form at the airport counter and photo identification. Moreover, unaccompanied minors have to check in at the flight reservation counter.
See Other Related Blog Posts :
- Know All About JetBlue Refund Policy
- Read JetBlue Change Flight Policy
- How to Talk to a Live Person at Spirit Airlines?
- Flexible Traveler Can Change Spirit Flight at Last Moment
- Choose Spirit Low Fare Calendar for the Cheapest Flight Deal
- What is the Procedure to Get JetBlue Mosaic?
Submit your review