What is Frontier Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy?
Frontier Airlines no longer accepts children under the age group of 15 years flying alone from November 2018. Moreover, any child under the age of 15 must be booked on the same reservation as a partner adult. If you are planning a trip for minors, let’s check out the Frontier Airlines unaccompanied minor policy in detail.
About Frontier Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Frontier Airlines provides minors with high-quality services and complete assistance until they reach their final destination. Moreover, one can book flights by going through the online or offline process and fulfilling the travel requirements.
Here are Some Important Things Which You Must Know About Frontier Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy.
- Children under the age group of 5-14 years are considered minors. Moreover, they can book domestic and international flights under Frontier Airlines unaccompanied minor travel.
- Furthermore, minors cannot fly on connecting flights.
- One can make flight bookings for minors online or offline, depending on the travel requirements and convenience.
- The airline will provide gate access to the parents or local guardians. Additionally, they will get the gate pass required when picking up the child.
- Kids flying alone can sit in row 25 on A320s and E190s and row 32 on A321s. Furthermore, the crew members will assist children throughout the journey.
- Unaccompanied minors will get complimentary snacks and beverages during the flight.
- The service is mandatory for kids between 5 and 14 years, with an adult who must be 15 years.
- In addition, children under five years of age are allowed to take flights unless accompanied by an adult.
- Kids between 13 to 17 times old can fly alone on domestic flights without booking the minor service. On the other hand, if your child is 17 years old, they cannot fly on international breakouts.
How Much are the Charges for Frontier Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Passengers can book Frontier Airlines unaccompanied minor flights at a fee of between $100 per segment and child. Moreover, the fee covers extra handling, a snack, and a beverage during the flight. It also includes gate access for parents to drop off and hand off from the gate agent to a flight attendant. A guardian may receive a boarding pass from the airport’s counter to go through security and accompany the child to the gate.
How can I Book Frontier Unaccompanied Minor Service?
To book Frontier unaccompanied minor service, you can either opt for the online or offline mode. Moreover, the entire flight booking procedure is the same as that of a normal adult passenger.
- You need to give your trip, and personal details, and the team will find the best fares for online booking.
- Otherwise, call on the airline’s customer service number and immediately connect with a flight representative.
- In addition, parents have to fill out an unaccompanied minor form at the ticket counter. Kids have to keep the form to themselves until they complete the journey. Moreover, if your kid is under 18, they need to give proof of age, including a birth certificate or passport.
Are There Any Baggage Rules for Unaccompanied Minor Travel on Frontier Airlines?
Passengers flying with lap infants and children can travel by certain things on a plane for free. It includes one diaper bag, a pre-approved child restraint device, and one stroller. However, you need to submit the stroller at the gate and retrieve the same at the arrival airport. Most importantly, booster seats are not used during take-off and landing, and they should be put under the front seat.
Seat Terms and Conditions for Minors on Frontier Airlines
At Frontier Airlines, minors can fly with an adult who must be 15 years old. Moreover, kids between 7 days and two years are allowed to travel at no additional cost on all domestic and international flights under various conditions.
Let’s have a Look at the Guidelines for Plane Seats Under Unaccompanied Minor Travel on Frontier Airlines.
- Children under or over two years old can fly on a paid seat. Also, they must use an FAA-sanctioned car seat or harness.
- The maximum seat width may differ with aircraft. For instance, the minimum seat width is 16.5in on an A321 plane. At the same time, the minimum seat width is 17.4 inches on A319/A320 aircraft.
- If you are using a car seat during the flight, you must adhere to the following guidelines.
i) The child’s weight must not exceed the maximum weight limit of the car seat.
ii) A label on the car seat confirms that a restraint system applies to eligible Federal motor vehicle safety protocols.
iii) The car seats have restraint straps.
- You cannot place car seats in the emergency exit row or on seats directly in front of/behind them.
- One must properly secure the car seats.
- Additionally, the seats should not block the flyer’s path.
- You cannot place a seat along with an airbag.
Frontier Airlines no longer accepts kids under the age group of 15 years to fly alone from 1st November 2018. Moreover, children of a particular age group will be considered booked on the same flight reservation as an accompanying passenger. A grown-up of 18 years should accompany the kids when flying. Also, each adult can hold only one lap infant on the plane.
All passengers, including children and minors, must have a passport to depart enter, or re-enter the United States. Moreover, you must bring all your travel documents to show to the airport authority for your outbound and return flights. Most importantly, keep your passport providing proof of citizenship and identity when checking in for international flights.
If you book unaccompanied minors Frontier flights, you have to pay $100 per flight and child. Moreover, the fee covers all in-flight services and extra handling by the flight attendant. You can contact the flight reservation team to seek assistance when planning trips for minors.
Submit your review