Delta Airlines Refund Policy & Fee
Do you want to claim your Delta Airlines refund after canceling your booking? Change in travel plans is very normal, and therefore you must always check out the cancelation policy of an airline before making a reservation. Delta is an outstanding airline that knows that passengers may need to cancel their bookings anytime. Therefore, it offers a great refund policy.
When you cancel your current booking with Delta Airlines, you can ask for a refund in different ways. However, you should whether you are eligible for a refund or not. If you are eligible, then claim it on the official website of the airline. Moreover, you can even contact the airline’s customer service to avail help regarding the refund policy. Get the Delta refund and stay worry-free. Let’s explore more about this.
What is Delta Airlines Refund Policy?
Based on the timetable, the type of fare, and the method of purchase after your first ticket booking, you may get a refund. If a refund is not possible according to the airline’s refund policy, credit for your next flight may be another option. You must clearly know about the delta airlines refund policy before canceling any flight.
How to get a Delta Airlines Refund Online?
Did you cancel your booking, and now looking to get your refund? If yes, then you can request your refund by using the airline’s official site. You can ask for your money in various ways. One can either open the official site or connect with the airline official to claim your refund.
Following are the steps to get your refund online.
- Firstly, launch your browser, and open the official Delta Airlines official site.
- Secondly, find the “My trips” option, press it.
- After that, provide the necessary details to go through your reservation details.
- Search for the information related to your flight booking.
- Now, you have to choose the “cancel flight” option to initiate the cancelation procedure.
- Next, locate the option for a refund.
- Click on it and check whether you are eligible for it or not.
- Delta will process it in 3-4 days if you are eligible.
What is Delta 24 hours Free Cancellation Policy?
For flights canceled within 24 hours of booking, Delta Airlines refund policy provides the most lenient plan. According to its 24-hour riskless cancellation policy, you can cancel your booking for any reason without penalty.
This procedure applies to each flight fare, no matter it’s a refundable, non-refundable, or basic economy class ticket. After canceling the flight, you will receive an automatic full refund, which will be issued to the original payment method.
How do I Get Eligible to Claim Delta Airlines Refunds?
After the 24-hour riskless cancellation window, delta airlines refund status depends on the terms of the fare type of your ticket. Below is a list of which Delta Air Lines tickets are eligible for refunds.
If the Ticket is Refundable:
If you have booked a refundable flight, you can submit a Delta refund application to the airline after the itinerary is officially canceled. Your ticket must also be purchased with a cheque, cash, or credit card. Whether you are seeking a refund for a refundable ticket or for an unused travel purchase (such as a Wi-Fi pass), you must fill out a form to make a delta airlines refund request or credit request.
If the Ticket is Non-refundable:
Non-refundable fares aren’t eligible for refunds, but still, passengers can get eCredit based on the value of the ticket. The airline will deduct any cancellation fees applicably. Besides, You can redeem electronic points for future Delta flights.
However, if the immediate travel companion, family member, or passenger of a non-refundable ticket dies, you can apply for a refund. Your delta airlines tickets refund applies per their policies. Be prepared to provide proof to the airline’s refund department, such as a copy of the death certificate.
What If you have a Basic Economy Ticket:
Passengers with tickets in Delta’s Basic Economy Class are only eligible for cancelation, refunds, or changes within the riskless 24-hours time period. If you have a basic economy fare ticket, you can request the delta flight refund as long as it’s within 24 hours of the booking. If this time has passed, you can’t apply for a refund.
How to Cancel your Delta Airlines Tickets?
Do you want to cancel your current Delta Airlines booking because of some changes? Yes, then just follow some quick steps, and you are done with the cancelation in no time. The official website of Delta is the best way to initiate flight cancelation because of its user-friendly interface.
However, you can also install the airline’s mobile app to confirm your cancelation. The app is absolutely free to download and is available on the Google Play Store & Apple Store. After that, you need to perform the same steps on the official site or on the mobile app.
Let’s have a look at the steps.
- Open the official Delta Airlines website.
- Choose the “My trips” option from the homepage to fetch your existing flight details.
- After that, begin inserting your required details in the given fields.
- Firstly, write your confirmation number or ticket number.
- Secondly, put up the first name and last name.
- After that, you have to select the “select” option.
- All the related details will open on your screen.
- Lastly, click on the “cancel flight” tab, and follow the prompts.
What is the Delta Airlines Cancelation Fee?
The cancelation fee of Delta Airlines mainly depends upon the ticket class and fare you have chosen. If you wish to cancel your current booking, you should definitely know about the cancelation fee in advance. Let’s have a look at the cancelation fee of this airline.
- If you have a Basic Economy ticket, then you will have the major throwback. You can’t terminate your booking as per the airline. However, these guests can cancel their reservations within 24 hours of their ticket purchase without any fee.
- For non-refundable flight tickets, a fee will be charged after the 24-hour cancelation window. The fees depend upon the route you are traveling to. However, the cancelation fee for domestic flights is $200, while for international flights, it varies between $200 and $500.
- Passengers who have refundable flight tickets can cancel or change their flights without any fee at any time. Travelers will receive the refund in the original payment mode.
- To cancel the award ticket, you have to pay a certain amount as an additional fee. You have to cancel your award booking within 72 hours before the scheduled take-off. Irrespective of destination and fare class, $150 will be charged as a cancelation cost. For SkyMiles diamond and platinum medallion members, there will be no cancelation fee.
How to Initiate the Process of Delta Refund Canceled Flight?
Passengers can request a refund for their flights within or after 24 hours but getting the money back depends. Customers can simply call the delta airlines refund phone number and speak to an airline agent for help.
Passengers can make a refund request within 24 hours of the flight booking by visiting the official delta airlines website. They can simply log in to the manage booking section using their account and put a cancelation request followed by a refund request.
Once you have initiated the refund request procedure, it takes some time. Even if your ticket is eligible for the refund, you may have to wait for at least seven days, so contact delta airlines phone number for any queries within this period.
Delta Airlines : Faqs
If you wish to claim your refund from Delta Airlines, then you can visit the Delta official site. You have to apply some simple steps to complete the refund request process. In addition to this, you can call the reservations number to get in touch with travel advisors. After that, an agent will talk to you regarding your concern. He will try to begin the refund process instantly.
Has Delta canceled your flight? The airline will book your tickets on the next flight as soon as possible. However, if there is no availability, Delta will turn your money into travel credits. You can use these credits on your future trip. Moreover, you can get a refund if there is any unused portion of the non-refundable flight ticket.
Vacationers can’t transfer the Delta eCredit to any other member’s account, but they can definitely apply it for someone else booking. There is no limit to it. Moreover, it is not necessary for them to travel with the person whose booking they have made.
Delta Airlines credits all your refunds within 7 days of filing the request. The airline knows that you need to get your money back as soon as possible. However, if there are a huge number of requests, then it may take 30 business days.
If your trip is canceled due to a covered reason, then Delta Vacations Travel Protection Plan will cover you. The airline will give you the money back or facilitate you with travel credits in such situations. The covered reason could be anything like illness, injury, and death of a passenger or an immediate family member.
Yes, you can request your refund if you have canceled your flight ticket within the given time limit. The airline will give you the full amount back if you have initiated the cancelation within a day of your booking. However, after this time frame, your fare type will decide whether you will get the refund or not.
See Other Related Blog Post Links:
- How to Change Delta Flight?
- Things to Know Before You Visit Candytopia in Atlanta
- Travel Guide for Bora Bora Island in French Polynesia
- Top 5 Travel Agencies in Chicago
- How to Change Expedia Flight?
- Get Amazing Discounts On Bereavement Flight Discount
Submit your review
It was not my first time with the airline, and I always end up having fun during the flight. This time, I left my wallet on the flight. I immediately contacted the airline agent and filed a complaint about the same. One of the officials helped me, and within a few days, I got my wallet back. I am really thankful to the agent.