JetBlue Refund | Refund Process | Policy |
Want to cancel the already planned departure? You can request the money and cancel the itinerary according to the dates. At the time of booking, you choose the refundable or non-refundable option. As per the JetBlue Airlines refund policy, you are eligible for a refund or any charges.
If you want to avoid any unusual fees, you must reach out to this article and enhance your understanding. Whether you are planning to fly early or cancel the booking for a refund, you can acquire all the details for the cancellation.
What is JetBlue’s Current Refund Policy?
Travel plans can be changed anytime and anywhere before the scheduled departure. Airlines understand the problem and provide an eligible refund for the same. In accordance with this, you must understand the Jetblue refund policy so that you can apply for the refund easily. Check out the below points to get the rules and regulations.
- Before canceling the flight itinerary, you must check if your flight journey is eligible for a refund or not.
- If your ticket permits, you can cancel the booking within 24 hours of the reservation to ask for a full refund.
- According to the 24-hour rule, you must have obtained the flight a week prior to the scheduled departure.
- For non-refundable tickets, airlines provide travel credit immediately after flight cancellation.
- You can use the travel credits in the future for any purchase with Jetblue.
- In case of death or any other medical emergency, Airlines provide a full refund.
- If you have consumed a part of your flight itinerary, then you can apply for a refund for the unused part.
- The refund charges can be there after 24 hours, depending on the ticket type, travel dates, destination, and other clauses.
- The refund time is seven to ten business days to the original payment source.
- If your flight is missed, then money will be credited in the form of travel credit that is valid for 12 months from the date of issuance.
JetBlue 24-hour Refund Policy
When we are not sure of our plans, it would be better to cancel them within 24 hours of the booking. If you cancel the tickets within the 24-hours limit, you will be able to get the full refund from JetBlue Airlines.
According to JetBlue 24-hour refund policy, you can claim full refunds only when the flight has been canceled within 24 hours of booking. Otherwise, you have to pay the cancellation fees after crossing the time-limit.
For further information about JetBlue refund policy, you may contact the airline by dialing the customer service number at any time.
JetBlue Refund Policy for Refundable Tickets
If you have purchased a refundable ticket, then you can cancel your reservation for a full refund anytime before the scheduled flight departure. You will get the full refund after canceling your JetBlue refundable tickets. Flyers will get the refund in the original form of payment.
If you have a refundable fare and don’t cancel or change your reservation before the flight departure, then the airline will transfer the refund to the Jetblue travel bank credit. You can use these credits for future travel.
Please note that the refundable fares are not available on all flights.
If you cancel any used portion of the reservation, then the unused portion’s refund will be sent to your travel account.
JetBlue Airways non-refundable Tickets
You can even get a refund for canceling a non-refundable ticket on the condition that the flight is canceled within 24 hours of the booking. Otherwise, you will have to pay a cancellation fee for the same.
JetBlue cancellation fee depends on the fare type and the date of booking. The airline will transfer the remaining balance in your travel credit bank that can be used for further bookings.
If you don’t cancel your reservation or change it prior to the reservation, all your money will be forfeited.
How Does JetBlue Refund Work?
Don’t know how to get a refund from Jetblue? In this guide, you can able to find out the refund procedure to apply for your flight cancellation. Passengers have the feature to cancel Jetblue Flight and apply for a refund using multiple methods.
Here are all the modes that you can see to apply for the refund as soon as possible.
Get the refund online:
- To start, open the Jetblue Airlines official web page at www.jetblue.com.
- Afterward, choose the Manage Trips icon from the top.
- Provide the passenger’s surname and reservation confirmation code.
- Access the booking through the search flight button.
- You can see the list of reservations with Jetblue.
- From that, choose the flight that you have canceled recently.
- At the menu screen, click on the “Get a refund” tab to proceed further.
- You can see the refund request form that you need to fill out.
- Provide the flight cancellation details and other necessary information.
- Attach the necessary documents and describe about the refund.
- Tap on the submit button and acquire the money within some time.
Get the refund on the phone:
Besides the online refund, you can also ask for a refund with the customer service team. To talk to the representative over the phone call, follow the below simple steps.
- Firstly, reach out to the Jetblue Airlines website at www.jetblue.com.
- Secondly, navigate to the contact section of the screen.
- You can see the list of modes to get through with the representative.
- Choose the phone icon and acquire the number as per the country.
- You must dial the Jetblue Airlines phone number at 1-800-JETBLUE (1-800-538-2583).
- After that, listen to the automated voice instructions carefully.
- Once you choose the refund option on the call, you can connect with the representative.
- A representative helps you to get rid of all the problems and credits the refund.
Get the refund on the app:
Sometimes, you are unable to use the online site to get back the money. In this situation, you can download the Jetblue Airlines mobile app from their website. After that, log into the account and get the manage booking. At there, apply for a refund after canceling the flight and pay the necessary fees.
How long does JetBlue take to Refund?
Many passengers are often confused about when they will acquire the refund after canceling the flight. The Jetblue Airlines refund time depends on multiple circumstances, such as the ticket type.
- If you have purchased with the credit card, you can get back the money within seven working days.
- Jetblue provides a refund for more than 20 days for other payment modes or sources.
- For the cash, you need to reach the appropriate airport and ask for the money.
How much refund will I get if I cancel my flight ticket?
Airlines provide flexibility to passengers in terms of changes and flight refunds. However, you can consider the given points for Jetblue Airlines refund fees for canceling the reservation.
- Cancellation within 24 hours is always free, irrespective of the ticket type.
- After 24 hours, you need to pay the refund fee of $75 for the same-day changes.
- Apart from basic blue fares, you don’t need to pay any refund fees.
- The fees for the blue basic will be between $100 and $200 on all the routes according to the ticket type and travel dates.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, you can cancel the reservation or ticket within 24 hours of the purchase. For tickets purchased before seven days of the scheduled departure are eligible for a full refund by the airlines.
You can acquire a full refund if you cancel the booking within 24 hours of the purchase. With this, you don’t need to pay any fees or charges and get a full refund.
If you need to cancel the non-refundable ticket, you can acquire the travel credit after paying the applicable fees. For the award ticket, you can get the points back without paying any charges.
You can cancel your flight for upto one hour of the scheduled departure. As per the fare lock guarantees, your prices cannot increase in the 72-hour window.
You can know whether your ticket is refundable or not by checking the fare rules or logging into your account. Under the refund tab, you can see the refundable or non-refundable fare option.
Read More Blogs
- Does JetBlue let you cancel within 24 hours?
- What are JetBlue Multi-City Flights?
- How to Use JetBlue Travel Bank Credit?
Submit your review