If you are planning a trip for minors on JetBlue, learn about the JetBlue unaccompanied minor policy guidelines. JetBlue offers special service and great in-flight amenities for minors between the age group of 5 to 14 years.
Moreover, if the kid has reached his/her 14th birthday, the team no longer considers them unaccompanied minors. Furthermore, one can book flight tickets for them as an adult.
However, one can request special travel assistance under the membership. JetBlue only permits three unaccompanied jeblue minors on each flight.
Travel Guidelines of JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor Policy
One must know certain things about the JetBlue unaccompanied minor terms and conditions. If you are planning a trip for minors, read the following guidelines and enjoy a seamless travel experience.
- As per the Jetblue unaccompanied minor policy, kids may only travel on non-stop flights. Moreover, the airline will not allow them to connect or direct flights.
- Moreover, the airline does not provide any escort facility for minors on flights connecting to other airlines.
- If there is any transfer of minors from JetBlue to another airline, the airline will consider you responsible.
- Unaccompanied minors with a JetBlue flight booking cannot take flights on other airlines.
- In addition, there is special documentation, including a notarized letter required by each country. Moreover, the document is for proof stating that the minor has permission to travel alone.
- Currently, kids cannot fly on flights to/from London operated by JetBlue Airlines.
- A parent or a guardian must escort and check in the unaccompanied minors. Additionally, an authorized adult of 18 years should receive the kid at the destination airport.
- Suppose the unaccompanied minor has a physical disability or needs any special service. In that case, a parent or the local guardian should inform the airline in advance. So that the airline can make arrangements as per your request.
- Most importantly, minors have to check-in at the airport counter.
- The adults who will be dropping off and picking up the minor must carry a photo I.D. card.
- Lap infants don’t require a flight ticket when flying on domestic flights. However, they need to have a full-fare ticket when reserving a desired seat on the plane.
Does JetBlue Allow Unaccompanied Minors?
- Children under the age group of 5 to 14 years are a part of the JetBlue unaccompanied minor age. Moreover, they can travel alone and meet the travel requirements.
- However, kids under five years cannot fly alone on flights run by JetBlue Airways.
- The airline does not permit minors to fly on any codeshare or interline flights. They can travel only on non-stop flights.
- Children aged between 8 and 14 cannot travel from 9:00 pm to 5:00 am.
- Unless there are no other flight options, no connections to the last flight of the day of more than two hours are applicable for travel.
- Additionally, kids between 15 and 17 years can fly alone. However, only if the parents or guardians consider taking the airline’s unaccompanied minor fly one program.
Does JetBlue Charge for Unaccompanied Minors?
Passengers have to pay the Jetblue unaccompanied minor fee of USD 150 per segment. The price is applicable on domestic and international flights. Moreover, one can make flight reservations for minors online, by phone calls, or at the airport counter. To enjoy a smooth interface, install the airline’s free mobile app and search for the best seats for the minor.
How to Book the Unaccompanied Minor Service on JetBlue Airways?
- Passengers can book minors’ flight tickets online or by phone.
- Moreover, one has to pay additional fees of USD 150 per person and segment at the time of ticket purchase.
- You can download, print, and fill out the minor form. Keep at least three copies of the form at the check-in desk.
Please note that if you have booked international unaccompanied minor flights at the Jetblue official site for minors, you must,
- Call on the Jetblue customer service phone number 1 (800) 538-2583 or +1 860 321 6827 after receiving the flight confirmation number.
- After that, give full details of the person who is willing to drop off and pick up the minor. The information includes name, address, and phone number, same as on the photo I.D. card.
Seating Arrangements for Unaccompanied Minors on JetBlue Airways
- JetBlue 16 year old flying alone can book seats in the last row A, and B and obtain instant travel assistance. Moreover, the airline only permits three minors on one non-stop flight.
- Make sure that Mint or Even More Space seats are available for booking under unaccompanied minor travel.
JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor- FAQs
On JetBlue Airways, children under the age group of 5 to 14 are considered unaccompanied minors. Moreover, customers under the age of 14 or more years are not considered minors and may acquire assistance when required. Additionally, provide the full names, addresses, and contact numbers of parents/guardians for dropping and picking up the kid.
To book a flight for unaccompanied minors, fill out an online form or reach out to the flight representative. Moreover, dial the JetBlue unaccompanied minor phone number if you are willing to book minor flights via a call. Furthermore, an expert will be there to assist and help you in making flight reservations for minors.
Children under 16 years and are U.S. citizens may fly with an original U.S. birth certificate. Moreover, those who are 16 and older need to submit a photo I.D. card to travel on flights. The photo I.D. can be a passport or the original U.S. birth certificate. Also, the person dropping off and picking up the kids needs to submit proof of citizenship to the airport representatives.
See Other Related Blog Posts :
- What is Spirit Airlines Refund Policy?
- Can I Get Money out of JetBlue Travel Bank Login?
- Benefits of Taking Spirit Airlines vacation packages
- How Do I Contact with Spirit Airlines customer service live person?
- Make Comfortable Seat Selection : Choose Airbus A320 seating
- Cathay Pacific Premium Economy : Make Premium Choice
- How do I Get in Touch with Air France?
- Talk to Live Person at Spirit Airlines
Submit your review