Jetblue Missed Flight Policy & Fee
There can be various reasons for missing a flight. However, you can request Jetblue missed flight compensation if you miss a flight because of traffic or any uncontrollable situation. On the other hand, if you are responsible for missing a scheduled flight, the airline will charge cancellation fees and additional applicable charges.
What is Jetblue Missed Flight Policy?
Passengers must go through the following guidelines about the airline’s missed flight policy.
- According to the Jetblue missed flight policy, the airline will put them on standby if a passenger misses a flight.
- Moreover, they can take the next available flight based on the number of left seats on the plane.
- The team charges an extra fee of 75 to 200 USD and a service fee of $50. Also, you can’t refuse to give the missed flight fees.
- Additionally, the policy allows you to make same-day flight changes and meet travel requirements without any inconvenience.
- In case you are not eligible for refunds, request the team to provide you with travel credit in your wallet.
- You must change or cancel a refundable fare before departure to receive refunds to the original payment mode.
- A customer may reach out to the airline’s Travel Agency Desk and request them to help you out.
What Happens If You Missed Your Flight at JetBlue?
If a customer misses a flight with JetBlue, they can fly standby whenever the next flight is available with seats. However, one must change or cancel flights in advance and request a refund. In case you are responsible for missing flights, the airline will impose a penalty and service taxes. Call on 1-888-538-2583 and get in touch with the JetBlue customer service team to initiate compensation for the missed flight.
What is the Two-Hour Rule on JetBlue?
Just like many other US airlines, JetBlue Airways has a two-hour rule. It states that if you arrive within two hours of your missed flight, request a seat on the next available flight. Moreover, connect with a JetBlue expert at the counter and ask them to put you on the next flight. However, you will be flying on standby, and there are no extra charges for the same. You may explain why you missed a flight to the JetBlue customer service representative.
About the No-Show Policy of JetBlue Airways
- Suppose you don’t reach the airport and choose not to fly on the departure day. In that case, the airline will consider it a no-show situation.
- Therefore, it’s better to inform the team about your expected flight cancellation in advance. By doing so, you can cancel tickets and simultaneously claim a refund and use the value for your future trips.
- But if you don’t inform the airline in advance, they will forfeit your total booking fare and provides no refunds.
- Moreover, the airline will charge cancellation fees and service taxes up to $50 for no-show events.
- There shall be no refunds on missing a flight.
- In addition, on missing flights, you can get the taxes back in case you are not applicable for refunds.
What Happens When You Miss a Connecting Flight on JetBlue Airways?
Missing flights have become common. Sometimes, the reasons are extraordinary: you can’t help but miss a flight. In contrast, there are times when flyers miss flights when changing travel plans and do not inform the team in advance. Additionally, JetBlue Airlines serve you with a 24-hour cancellation service, so cancel tickets on time whenever your travel plan changes.
- If you miss a flight because of adverse weather conditions, the airline will arrange a flight for you. However, it depends on the seat’s availability on the plane.
- Moreover, the airline will not be responsible if a passenger misses a connecting flight on any other airline.
- Feel free to contact the JetBlue team by calling customer service number and inquire about the Jetblue missed flight compensation.
Related FAQs of Jetblue Missed Flight Policy
JetBlue Airways charges extra fees for missing flights, which are non-refundable. On the other hand, the airline provides flight replacement or compensation if the reason for missing a flight is unavoidable. Moreover, the Jetblue missed flight fee ranges between 75 and 200 USD.
When you miss a flight without applying for flight cancellation, the team provides no refunds or rebook flights for you. Moreover, if the team arranges a flight for the next day, you will have to pay the change fees.
If you miss your scheduled flight and choose not to board the plane, you will not get a refund. Moreover, the airline provides compensation for flights missed due to extraordinary circumstances. You may contact the team, ask if you are eligible for missed flight refunds, and begin the procedure accordingly.