Had a travel plan with Southwest Airlines but arrived late at the airport for your scheduled flight? Well, you must know about the Southwest Airlines missed flight policy. Any passenger who missed their flight should immediately contact the airline agent at the airport for further instructions.
Southwest is an incredible airline because it keeps its passengers on top. The airline believes in keeping its customers on top and will do anything to make their travel enriching. All the airline’s policies are designed keeping your comfort in mind. The missed flight policy of the airline is one such policy. If you have missed a flight, there is no need to worry at all. Read all the guidelines and avoid any kind of inconvenience. Let’s explore the details of this dedicated policy.
Important points to remember
If you can’t find the details of this policy anywhere, then fret not. Southwest Airlines customer service has been made reachable throughout the day and night for your ease. Passengers who have any confusion related to this policy can immediately get in touch with the Southwest executive and resolve their issues. They are very supportive and will not deny to guide you at any moment of the day.
Below are some important points to note.
- The no-show policy may be applied to your booking if you haven’t boarded your flight. It simply means that you will be subject to the no-show fee.
- If you know that you will miss your flight, then cancel your booking instantly to avoid the no-show fee. Moreover, you can even inform the airline if you are unable to cancel it.
- If you don’t inform the airline about the same, then Southwest will ask for the no-show fee.
- The airline allows you to cancel your current Southwest Airlines reservations even 10 minutes before the scheduled departure. In that way, you can get travel funds, which can be used for future travel.
- If you deny paying for missing the flight, then the airline will cancel your future reservations.
- Southwest is a very kind airline, and therefore it will help you to change your flight. If you informed the airline in advance about the change, then no fee will be deducted from you. Southwest is the only airline in the USA that doesn’t ask for a change fee from its passengers.
- It is highly advised to inform Southwest Airlines in advance or cancel your reservation if you know that you will miss your flight. In that way, you can easily change your flight.
- Call on the Southwest Airlines customer service number if you can’t cancel the booking on your own.
- If you are going on a trip with two different confirmation numbers, then the other one will be unaffected by the missing one.
- Once the no-show policy is applied to your booking, all your funds will be forfeited.
All these are the important points that flyers must know before proceeding further after missing their flight.
What to do after missing your Southwest Airlines flight?
If you have missed your scheduled flight, then you don’t have to take stress at all. The airline offers different ways for its passengers’ ease. Here are some things that you can do after missing your flight.
Try canceling your flight
Travelers are allowed to cancel their booking even 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. If you are about to reach the airport or just a few minutes away from the airport, then try to convince the airline. Get in touch with the airline’s representative through Southwest Airlines customer service and explain your situation. Share your reason for missing the flight, and maybe the airline gets convinced.
Inform the airline
If you are about to miss a flight or just have missed it, then inform the airline about the same. The airline will give you a refund of unused portions, and your reservations are save with the airline. Being one of the polite airlines, it always understands its travelers’ concerns.
After that, you can even book a new flight with the airline. Check out the availability of flights and stay and book tickets on your preferred one.
It is all about the Southwest Airlines missed flight policy. I hope the information is useful to you.