United Airlines features a variety of ways to reserve or upgrade a seat to an upper travel class of service. Passengers can purchase seats in premium cabins, including UInited Polaris, Business class, United First, or United Business. Additionally, United Airlines seat selection is made either at ticket purchase or flight check-in. However, there are additional charges, and the seat fee is not included in your flight ticket fare.
How to Select Seats on United Airlines?
Choosing a seat is very important to ensure maximum comfort and flexibility on the plane. Moreover, there are two ways, online and offline methods for a United Airlines seat selection before flight departure.
Here are the ways through which you can make a seat reservation on United Airlines.
- First of all, go to the United Airlines Official site and move under the “Manage Trips” section.
- Second, enter your last name and flight confirmation number.
- Your trip details will pop up on the screen.
- Next, you can choose the flight for which you want to add preferred seats.
- Click on the “Seat Map” button and check all the available flights.
- Choose the best seats and click on the “Continue” button based on your travel requirements.
- Finally, move to the payment page and pay the additional charges for a seat selection in advance.
- You will receive a confirmation mail from the team on selecting a seat of your choice.
United Airlines Seat Selection Policy & Requirements
Passengers can make a seat reservation of choice when booking tickets or doing flight check-in. However, there are certain things that you must keep in mind about the airline’s seat selection process.
- MileagePlus members can choose seats in United Economy and may make a seat reservation in Economy Plus.
- Moreover, several options are available for seat purchases when making a flight booking. It includes Economy Plus, MileagePlus Travel Awards, MileagePlus Upgrade Awards, and Premium cabin seating.
- In addition, preferred seating includes United Economy seats with standard legroom.
- You can also enjoy onboard service when landing at the final destination with preferred seats.
- Most importantly, preferred seats are not guaranteed and depend on the seat’s availability on the plane.
- Seat selection is valid on United Express only. On the other hand, Star Alliance flights do not provide preferred seating.
- If you are a United frequent flyer membership member, you can enjoy complimentary seat booking before travel.
- In addition, Basic Economy seats do not provide complimentary seats in any cabin. You can also pay for a seat assignment or wait until check-in and get access to the seats assigned.
- Contact the customer service team to initiate a United Airlines seat selection refund by dialing 1 (800) 864-8331.
However, if you cannot reserve seats online, you may contact the airline’s customer service team. Dial (800) 864-8331 to seek assistance on the United Airlines book seats procedure from experts and book the best seat at your convenience.
Does United Airlines Charge for Seat Selection?
The United Airlines seat selection fee is not included in the ticket fare. Moreover, you have to pay an additional fee for a seat reservation which may vary with seat type and destination. The seat charges begin from $10 and may rise as per the seating requirements. If you wish to reserve seats during check-in, you can start choosing seats at least 24 hours before departure. On the other hand, if you don’t book seats in advance, you will get randomly assigned seats by the team.
United Seats in Different Travel Class
The seats feature different seating specifications for each travel class. Moreover, the in-flight amenities also vary in each aircraft. For instance,
- Basic Economy
i) Pre-assigned seats are available before flight boarding
ii) Family or group seat reservations are not available in Basic Economy.
- Economy or Standard class
i) Seat selection is available at the time of flight reservation
ii) Customize your tickets with other options
- Economy or Flexible
i) Seat selection can be made depending on the seat’s availability when ticket purchase.
- Premium class
i) There are spacious and wider seats on the plane.
ii) Moreover, the seats have extra legroom.
- Business class
i) Business class passengers can access to spacious, larger seats and have extra legroom to stretch legs.
Passengers can pay a United Airlines seat selection fee of up to $10 and reserve the most comfortable seats during the flight.
Contact United Airlines for a Seat Reservation
Passengers can reserve desired seats when making a flight reservation or paying an additional fee during check-in. Moreover, one can dial 1 (800) 864-8331 and go through the United Airlines book seats process via a phone call. Once connected with an executive, check the seat’s availability on the plane and reserve seats accordingly.
FAQs Related to United Airlines Seat Selection
At United Airlines, one may choose the best seats by paying an additional fee depending on the type of seats. The seat selection depends on their availability on the plane. Moreover, the seat fees start from $10 and may go higher with different travel classes and seat types. However, Silver or an Elite member can get free Economy Plus seats at the time of flight check-in.
Depending on the seat’s availability, you can book, cancel or upgrade seats. One may get free extra legroom if they enjoy Elite or any upper travel class perks. Otherwise, you can score an extra seat for choosing a preferred seat. The only trick is to reserve a window seat in a row where the aisle seat is occupied, and the middle seat is not filled. Additionally, choose the seat selection United Airlines by setting a seat alert.
Paid United flight seats are non-refundable in case you miss, cancel, or modify your scheduled flight. Moreover, the seats are non-transferable and are only applicable for flights booked on the airline’s official site. Customers may request a refund of the selected seats or the entire trip with the help of a team expert.
Yes, you can change your seat assignment after check-in as long as you didn’t print your boarding pass. Furthermore, you can still change your seat number even after flight check-in. When flying on a domestic route, you can change your seat number according to your booked package.