Change Name on Southwest Ticket | Policy | Fees
There might be instances of entering misspelled names while booking on any airline. If you have made the same mistake when booking on Southwest, it would be better to look into the Southwest change name on Ticket process. Go through the following informative post to get the complete name change policy and procedure on Southwest Airlines.
Most Airlines allow their passengers to make slight changes to their plane tickets. Southwest Airlines also permits you to change the name up to a few characters via calling the Customer Service Number or visiting the official website. And if you want to change your last name due to marriage, divorce, or other legal reasons, it is mandatory to have ID proof and other documents.
In the following post, we have mentioned the complete name change policy on Southwest, the procedure, and the name change fees in detail.
Can I change my name on a Southwest Airlines Ticket?
Yes, you can make changes in your name up to a few characters on Southwest tickets. Although, you will be eligible to change the last name on Southwest plane tickets, except for legal reasons such as marriage and divorce. You must have the required documents to change your name on Southwest tickets. Although, tickets are non-transferrable on Southwest.
To get further information, read the whole post or visit the official website of Southwest Airlines to talk to a live person.
Southwest Airlines Name Change Policy
Before looking into the process of changing the name on tickets, you are suggested to check out the Southwest name change policy. Further, you may learn about Southwest Airlines tickets’ complete name change policy. You should look into the following information respectively.
- It is not allowed to transfer the tickets to other passengers as per the Southwest name change policy.
- You cannot edit the whole name on the Southwest tickets. The airline only allows you to change a few characters on the plane tickets. To get detailed information, you should contact Southwest Airlines’ representatives.
- You are permitted to make changes to the ticket for free at once. After that, paying the charges for changing the name on Southwest plane tickets is a must.
- If you want to make changes in your name for legal reasons, you should talk to a live person or visit the official website of Southwest Airlines.
Have further issues related to Southwest change name policy, speak to a live person by dialing the Southwest Airlines Customer Service Number 24/7.
How much cost to change name on Southwest tickets?
Well, if you are making corrections on the Southwest plane ticket for the first time, the airline will not charge any fees. However, you have to pay $100 – $150 to make corrections on the ticket a second time.
So you must be attentive to making changes to your ticket for the first time to avoid paying the name change fees.
How to Change Name on Southwest Booking?
If you want to edit the passenger’s name on the Southwest ticket, follow one of the methods listed below. Here, we have given all the possible ways to change the name on the ticket. One of these methods will surely help you in making corrections to your name.
Southwest Name Change Online.
- First, move to Southwest’s official website.
- After that, click on the manage booking option.
- Tap on the change reservations link and enter the Southwest airlines booking or reservation code to get your booking details.
- After getting your booking details, go through the ongoing prompts to check whether the name change is allowed or not on your ticket.
- Next, click on the Change Name option and save the changes.
- Finally, check your email to download the new e-ticket and boarding pass.
Southwest Name Edit Offline.
- The initial step is to dial the Southwest Airlines Customer Service Number 1-855-234-4654 to edit the name on the ticket.
- Once your call connects, follow the IVR steps to speak to a live person.
- After that, provide all the passengers’ information to fetch the booking details.
- You will be asked to submit the legal documents if you edit your name due to legal reasons.
- Finally, pay the fees, if any. And wait to get the new e-ticket from Southwest Airlines.
If you are experiencing any issues in applying these steps, dial the Southwest Airlines Customer Service Phone Number to get a human at any time.
How to Edit the last name on the Southwest plane ticket?
If you have already booked a flight on Southwest and now want to modify your last name, no worries, as we may help you. Southwest Airlines permits you to edit your last name for legal reasons and asks you to submit relevant documents.
Follow the steps below to edit your last name on the Southwest plane ticket.
- Initially, head to the official website of Southwest Airlines.
- Afterward, click the Manage my trips section and tap the change reservation link option.
- Now, type in the passenger’s last name and the flight reservation code.
- Next, you will get your flight details to initiate the name modify process.
- Follow the ongoing prompts and choose the Change tab.
- Choose your name to make it correct and save the recent changes.
- Finally, go to the payment page to pay the fees to confirm the changes.
With the help of the steps mentioned above, you can make changes to your Southwest plane ticket hassle-free. If you are looking for further assistance regarding the Southwest name edit on ticket, get a human by dialing the Southwest Airlines Customer Service Number.