Do you want to initiate the “Southwest change flight” process but don’t know how to do it? Well, you have reached the right place. This blog will enlighten you about the flight change policy and process of Southwest Airlines. Changing the current flight with Southwest Airlines is not a cumbersome process anymore because you just have to perform some simple steps for the same. Moreover, the flight change policy of Southwest Airlines is very comprehensive, and even a layperson can understand it without any additional effort.
Southwest Airlines is one of the eminent air carriers that always tries to make its flyers’ travel dreams come true. Therefore, it offers plenty of phenomenal services for their convenience. Southwest Airlines change flight procedure is one such policy that helps travelers change their current itinerary at any time of the journey. Flexible travelers should select Southwest Airlines as their travel partner without giving any second thoughts. Let’s have a look at this flight change policy of Southwest Airlines.
Change fee of Southwest Airlines
Southwest Airlines understands that travel plans change, and therefore it never charges a fee to make changes to the existing booking. If applicable, you may have to pay the fare difference, but no change will be deducted as per the Southwest flight change policy. Isn’t it great? Traveling with Southwest Airlines would be a one-of-a-kind experience for you. You can even make changes to your booking at the last moment to make the most of your journey.
Important points to note
Having a wanderlust soul, you must know how important it is to have a flexible change policy. Your travel plan can change at any time, and it can become an interruption in your journey. Therefore, Southwest Airlines offers the most flexible flight change policy with which you can change your flight without any complications. Before opting for the “change my flight Southwest,” you should learn about the rules and regulations associated with the change policy of the airline. Let’s explore these points.
- You can change your flight without any fee at any step of the journey.
- If your new flight fares are less than the original ones, then Southwest will send the refund in the original form of the payment. If it is not applicable, then you will receive a travel fund for future travel. These funds are applicable for one year from the date of the original reservation.
- If new Southwest Airlines tickets of passengers are more expensive than the existing one, then it is a must for them to pay the fare difference.
- Sometimes Southwest Airlines change your flight schedule owing to any technical issue. In that case, you may receive the details of your new itinerary through email or phone number. It simply means that your new booking has been confirmed and you don’t have to do anything. You can change or cancel your flight if it doesn’t work out for you.
- If your trip gets affected by any change by the airline, then you can change the time and date of your flight up to 14 days from the initial date of flying without any additional cost.
- You can change your flight by visiting the Southwest official site or by calling on the Southwest change flight number.
- Passengers are allowed to change their flight as many times as they want; there is no restriction on that.
- Even if you have completed your check-in, you can change the current flight.
How to change the Southwest flight?
Changing your existing flight with Southwest Airlines is an easy task, and you can opt for the same with no extra effort. The airline facilitates you with both online and offline ways to confirm your flight change, and it is totally up to you which method you choose.
If you want to initiate the “Southwest change flight” procedure with the help of an airline agent, then get in touch with him to share your details. To change the flight online, implement the following steps.
- Go to southwest.com.
- There is an option to change or cancel your flight; click on it.
- Write down your confirmation number, last name, and first name.
- Lastly, click on the “search” tab, and pull up your itinerary details.
- Check out the availability, and confirm your seats on the new flight.
Submit your review