Can You Select Seats on Jetblue?
Undoubtedly, JetBlue Airlines is one of the best and the most preferred airlines in terms of providing scheduled flights. Booking flight tickets with Jetblue is like having extra space in your seats. One can easily gather the core cabins having comfortable leather seats and the complimentary benefits with them. They allow you to book the flight tickets online at their website. Passengers are allowed to make the Jetblue seat selection for the reservation to settle on the desired seats and enjoy the journey. There are many more benefits included in your preferred seats that you can check in the information below.
How to Pick Seats on Jetblue After Booking?
If you don’t choose the seats at the time of booking, you can try to get the best seats online or some other way after the reservation. Here are the complete details for selecting the seat in advance before the scheduled departure.
Pick the Seats Online:
- Firstly, you must access the Jetblue Airlines official website at www.jetblue.com
- With this, you can proceed to the Manage Trips option from the top of the website.
- You can enter into the reservation using the confirmation code and the passenger’s surname.
- When you continue further, you will find the reservations booked with JetBlue Airlines.
- From that, you can choose the flight for selecting the seats.
- On the right side, open the menu list and tap on the seat selection button.
- You can get the seat map for the availability of seats in your travel class.
- Select the Jetblue preferred seats for all the passengers to move further.
- Finally, pay the fees for the seat selection and the fare difference, if any.
- Jetblue will share the confirmation message with the updated seats.
Pick the Seats on the Mobile App:
Due to the large number of travel traffic, you are unable to get the details of your seats online at their website. In this case, you can download the JetBlue mobile app and log in to the online booking. There, you need to use the manage booking handle to get the reservation details. Through the mobile app, you can easily choose the seats for the journey.
Contact the JetBlue Customer Service for the Seats:
However, if nothing goes well, contact the customer service team and talk to the representative. Dial the Jetblue phone number at 1-800-JETBLUE (1-800-538-2583) to select the seats. At the IVR option, you must choose the “select a seat” option and connect with the representative. They are professional in their work and help you to provide the best advice.
Select the seat at the time of check-in:
When you proceed to get the boarding pass and complete the check–in, you can add your Jetblue preferred seats online. There are airport kiosk check-in available that you do and follow the on-screen instructions.
Types of seats offered by JetBlue:
Jetblue has a variety of seats that they offer to passengers worldwide. You can admire the information for all types of seats in the below details.
Blue basic preferred seats:
These type of seats has the characteristics of the type name Q, which means they contain ample space for extra legroom. You can choose these seats and upgrade to more space seats for the appropriate best cost.
More space seats:
The seats have the best extra legroom of up to 38 inches and can be stretched out to a limited angle as per your preferences.
Lie flat seats:
This is one of the best possible luxurious seats that is available in the mint cabin. You can choose the lie-flat seats from the JetBlue seat assignment and reach your location in a fresh mood.
What are the Terms and Conditions for JetBlue Seat Selection?
When you choose the seats, you may need to understand the relevant terms and conditions. So, you can determine the rules for selecting the seats in the following provisions.
- There will be no fees for selecting the seats within 24 hours of the flight purchase. According to this, you
- must have made the booking a week before the scheduled departure.
- The seats are assigned according to the availability of the aircraft and the vacant seats.
- A pregnant passenger and an unaccompanied minor cannot get the emergency exit seats.
- Travelers having a disability cannot be able to choose the preferred seats that are reserved for them.
- Passengers who booked the mint fare can get the seats at no cost.
- The seat selection fees will be calculated according to the ticket type, travel dates, and destination.
- However, you can check their website to know more about the fare and seat conditions.
How Much is Seat Selection on Jetblue?
If you are going to choose the seats, you must be aware of the Jetblue seat selection cost, which is limited to the extent. Passengers who choose the seats are not required to pay the particular fees as they do so free of cost. Apart from that, the fees will vary between $25 to $100 as per your type of ticket and the travel destination.
What Happens if You Don’t Select a Seat on JetBlue?
Sometimes, you don’t select till the flight departure due to the technical issue. In this case, JetBlue assigns you a random seat for the reservation, or you can get the seats at any moment at the boarding gates. Jetblue gate agent will understand the requirements and allow you the best available seats. Although, you can get the standby list with the airlines to wait for the best available seats.
Why is Seat Selection Not Available on JetBlue?
What if there are no available seats and the seat map shows with JetBlue? Some airlines do not allow you to get complimentary seats and pre-reserved seating for your destination. If the JetBlue seat selection is not available, this means that airlines are not allowing you to get the pre-reserved seats. This happens because of the basic economy seats or because you are choosing outside the maximum period before the scheduled departure.