Unaccompanied Minors Southwest : Complete Guide
Children under the age group of 5 to 11 years travelling alone without any accompanied passenger are considered minors. Moreover, one can book southwest unaccompanied minor at a fee of $50 each way and $100 for round trips. Also, the unaccompanied minor service is applicable on domestic, direct, and non-stop flights. Minors cannot fly on connecting and international flights.
Important Guidelines on Southwest Unaccompanied Minor
You can book flights under the unaccompanied minors Southwest travel and get access to amazing in-flight facilities onboard. However, there are certain things you must keep in mind when making reservations for unaccompanied minors.
- Minors cannot board flights to/from international routes under Southwest Airlines unaccompanied minor travel.
- The airline reserves the right not to permit boarding when transporting minors on flights canceled/rescheduled due to bad weather.
- Moreover, minors and accompanying parents or guardians must reach the airport early. You can check the airport arrival times on the airline’s official site. Also, you must have enough time to park the car and obtain your escort pass at the ticket counter.
- In addition, pets cannot travel under unaccompanied minor travel.
- One of the flight representatives will keep a check on the child periodically but not throughout the journey.
- You must submit proof of age in the form of a birth certificate or other documents for identification upon check-in.
- Moreover, unaccompanied minors can only travel on direct or non-stop flights, not connecting flights.
- A parent/guardian must escort a minor to the departure gate at least 45 minutes before the scheduled flight departure. Moreover, they need to remain in the gate area until the flight is in the air.
Age Restrictions Under Southwest Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Travel
Southwest Airlines has a different travel policy for kids. Therefore, the airline imposes age restrictions for unaccompanied minor travel. If you are planning a trip for your kids, keep a check on the age requirements of the minor policy.
- Children under the age group of 5-11 can travel alone as unaccompanied minors with an adult passenger of 12 years.
- However, children of 12 or more years traveling alone do not have to avail the unaccompanied minor service.
- Children under 12-17 years may fly without an accompanying passenger of 18 years as young flyers on domestic flights. On the other hand, minors under the age of 18 years are not allowed to board international flights.
What are the Charges for Booking Flights Under Unaccompanied Minors on Southwest?
You can book flights under unaccompanied minors on Southwest and let minors explore places alone. Moreover, the airline charges $50 each way per child for unaccompanied minors to travel. However, you can pay $100 for round trips per person. Most importantly, minor fees are refundable. For instance, if you cancel your scheduled flight and the minor does not travel, claim a refund.
How do I book Southwest Unaccompanied Minor Flights?
To book Southwest unaccompanied minor flights, you may contact the airline’s customer service team. Moreover, call at 1-800-435-9792, connect with an executive, and request quick help to book minor flights. Additionally, move to the airline’s official site and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the booking process. Besides, you can book minor flights at the airport ticket counter and do the paperwork if required. If the kid is flying with an accompanied minor of at least 12 years, you must complete the paperwork.
You need to complete the following details when making an unaccompanied minor reservation.
- The minor’s full name
- Relationship with the child
- The address of the child
- Contact numbers and the area code
- Date of birth of an unaccompanied minor
- Details on both the parent/guardian dropping off and the one picking up the kid
- Contact information for a substitute representative at the kid’s destination
Requirements for Dropping Off the Minors on Southwest Airlines
Southwest Airlines have certain requirements for parents/guardians dropping off the minors. Lets’ have a look at it.
- If you have booked Southwest unaccompanied minors flights, you must arrive early at the airport. So that you have plenty of time to park the car, get your escort pass, and go through the security. Also, you can check in at the gate.
- After that, stop at the airport counter, and you will get an unaccompanied lanyard and an escort pass. Moreover, it is done to follow the child through the checkpoint at the airport.
- In addition, keep the following documents ready to show to the airport’s representatives.
i) A copy of the unaccompanied minor’s journey
ii) A valid ID card issued by the government
- You have to reach the airport no less than 45 minutes before departure time. Moreover, check in with the airline’s Employee at the gate and tell them that you will drop off a minor.
- You have to remain in the gate area until the child’s flight is ready to take off.
- Moreover, reach out to the parent/guardian picking up the kid and make them aware of the departing flight.
Southwest Airlines Unaccompanied Minor- FAQs
Children under the age group of 12 to 17 can board Southwest Airlines unaccompanied minor flights alone. Moreover, they are considered young travelers who can fly alone after meeting the minor policy requirements. Parents/guardians have to arrive for the child’s flight check-in and boarding with each airport’s scheduled arrival time.
All passengers 18 or more years of age must show a valid ID proof issued by the state. Also, the representative will ask you to show a passport, driver’s license, military ID, or permanent resident card. Moreover, it is done to pass through the security checkpoints.
Unaccompanied minors can fill out an online application and submit necessary customs and Immigration documents for the departure day. Most importantly, minors have to keep the form with themselves through the journey. Moreover, parents/guardians have to show a birth certificate or passport stating the child’s age proof at check-ins.
To book Southwest Airlines unaccompanied minor flights, you have to pay $50 each way and $100 for round trips.
See Other Related Blog Posts :
- Benefits of Opting Southwest Airlines Vacations Package
- Talk to a Live Person at Southwest Airlines
- Benefits of Southwest Group Travel
- How Does Southwest Change Flight Process Work?
Submit your review