Southwest Flight Delay Compensation
Have you ever been notified of a delayed flight on Southwest? If yes, it is important to learn about Southwest flight delay compensation to handle such a situation. Each airline has its policy regarding providing compensation to passengers. To know the complete steps to claim flight delay compensation from Southwest, read the whole post.
If your flight has been canceled or delayed from the airline’s end, there is nothing to take stress about. In such a situation, Southwest Airlines allows you to travel on another flight at no additional cost. Or, you can claim compensation for the delayed flights.
If you need to learn about the procedure to claim compensation, dial the Southwest Airlines Customer Service Number or go through the following post.
Southwest Flight Delay Compensation – Terms & Conditions
As per 1-hour delay policy, passengers can claim Southwest delayed flight compensation. As a result, you are allowed to claim compensation when your flight has been delayed by one hour.
If the flight has been delayed for more than 90 minutes, you can avail of the following advantages as compensation.
- You can travel on another flight arranged by the airline without paying any extra charges.
- Southwest Airlines will offer you a $100 travel coupon that you can avail towards future travel.
- You can get refunds for delayed flights as per the Southwest flight delay policy.
In case, the airline doesn’t rescheduled your flight tickets on next available flights, you’re entitled to claim the following advantages as compensation.
- There will be an increase in the amount of travel vouchers by $300 for each passenger.
- In such a situation, you will get LUV vouchers. If you want to claim compensation in such cases, it is mandatory to be on the Priority Standby list.
If you have further doubts regarding Southwest flight delay compensation, dial the customer service number to talk to a live person.
How Do I Get Southwest Flight Delay Compensation?
Southwest Airlines allows its passengers to claim flight delay compensation whenever their flight gets delayed from the airline’s end. If you want to know the steps to get flight delay compensation on Southwest Airlines, apply the following methods.
Visit Southwest’s official website
- The first step is to head to the official website of Southwest Airlines.
- After that, choose the Manage Reservation option from the homepage.
- Next, you will be asked to request a return flight.
- Follow the ongoing instructions appearing on your screen.
- Now, enter the booking confirmation number, passenger’s last name, etc.
- After entering all the required info, submit it to claim Southwest flight delay compensation.
- You should notify your credit card company to file the refund within that time.
- Enter the mandatory information to file a claim to Southwest Airlines regarding a delayed flight.
- Take out photocopies of the claim form and the relevant documents.
- Finally, you must sign and submit the documents to the airline.
Way 2: Via the Southwest Mobile Application
If the flight is not on-time by Southwest Airlines, you will get an option to travel on another flight for free. Or, you can request a refund for the unused portion of the Southwest ticket. In such a situation, you can also use the Southwest mobile application.
- Initially, access the mobile application of Southwest Airlines.
- Afterward, you need to choose the Look for reservation option.
- Enter the passenger’s last name along with the booking reservation number.
- Check for the refunds are available or not.
- Next, you need to check whether your name is correct. If not, make it correct.
- In the next step, choose the refund option.
- Finally, the airline will transfer the refund amount to your registered email ID.
Way 3: Get the flight compensation over a call
- To claim the Southwest flight delay compensation, dial the Southwest Airlines Customer Service Number 1 (800) 435-9792.
- Next, you need to provide your flight details to the live person to retrieve your booking.
- The live representative will confirm your reimbursement claim.
- Finally, the airline will inform you about the advantages and the paid amount when you have completed the process.
Way 4: Compose an Email to the airline
- Initially, visit the official website of Southwest Airlines.
- Click the Contact us option.
- And then tap on Email Us.
- Lastly, you need to compose an email regarding Southwest flight delay compensation and send it to the official email ID.
Southwest Airlines Compensation Strategy:
In case your Southwest flight is postponed, and you don’t have the slightest idea what to do next, here are some solutions to your problem:
- Learn about the Southwest Airlines policy on flight delays so you can make decisions.
- Check the reason for the delay in your journey; if the airline is at fault, you can cancel the reservation or find another flight.
- Applying for reimbursement from Southwest is another option.
- You cannot request compensation or a refund if your flight is delayed and you decide to travel with a substitute, but you can receive a voucher.
- You have the option to request a refund after canceling.
Southwest Weather Delay Policy
The first concern of airlines is the travelers’ wellbeing. There are situations when flying is unsafe because of climate. The Southwest weather delay policy is as follows:
- In a weather delay, you have three options: cancel the reservation, rebook the flight, and claim reimbursement for the fare difference.
- Southwest will arrange a lounge for the passenger until the takeoff of the substitution flight.
- The passenger can cancel the reservation because of the delay and ask for refund.
- Furthermore, the remuneration for a climate-related flight postponement goes from $100 to $300.
- In the event that your substitute flight shows up two hours or later, you might drop the booking and get a refund. This could result in compensation of about $800.
Does Southwest give Compensation for Delayed Flights?
Yes, Southwest gives compensation for delayed flights. Additionally, you are entitled to other facilities, including free transportation to and from the airport, complimentary meals, drinks, and, during longer delays, a hotel room. However, all Southwest Airlines flight delays do not qualify for reimbursement.
Southwest 1-hour delay compensation
- If your flight is sixty minutes (1 hour) late due to any technical issue of the airline, you may receive compensation in accordance with the Southwest 1-hour delay compensation policy.
- The passengers can receive LUV vouchers for any Southwest flights canceled or delayed for at least an hour.
- The normal range of LUV coupons offered for postponed or canceled Southwest flights is $75 to $200 per person.
Southwest 2-hour Delay Compensation
- If a Southwest flight is postponed for over two hours, another flight is set up for the travelers.
- If another Southwest flight is not offered to the passengers within the allotted two hours, then the status of passengers will be changed to “priority standby.”
- The passengers will receive a travel voucher of $300.
- Assuming the traveler’s next flight arrives two hours after the first takeoff time. The worth of the voucher will rise to $1350, which will incorporate the expense of the first ticket.
How Can I Use Southwest LUV Vouchers?
Have you earned LUV vouchers as compensation from Southwest but aren’t aware of the steps to use them? In this case, you may check out the following information to use LUV vouchers for further bookings. Here are the complete instructions to use these vouchers.
- First, you need to remember that a maximum of 2 vouchers can be applied when booking a flight on Southwest Airlines.
- After booking your flight online, go to the payment section
- Next, click the Southwest LUV voucher option.
- Look into the email that contains the info regarding LUV vouchers.
- Enter the Security code and voucher number to get discounts.
- Finally, confirm your booking with Southwest Airlines.
If you still have queries related to Southwest flight delay compensation, you should get a human by dialing the Southwest Airlines Customer Service Number. And then, feel free to ask anything regarding the same.