Southwest Flight Delay Compensation
Have you ever been notified of a delayed flight on Southwest? If yes, it is important to learn about Southwest flight delay compensation to handle such a situation. Each airline has its policy regarding providing compensation to passengers. To know the complete steps to claim flight delay compensation from Southwest, read the whole post.
If your flight has been canceled or delayed from the airline’s end, there is nothing to take stress about. In such a situation, Southwest Airlines allows you to travel on another flight at no additional cost. Or, you can claim compensation for the delayed flights.
If you need to learn about the procedure to claim compensation, dial the Southwest Airlines Customer Service Number or go through the following post.
When Can I Claim Southwest flight delay compensation?
As per Southwest 1-hour delay policy, passengers can claim Southwest delayed flight compensation. As a result, you are allowed to claim compensation when your flight has been delayed by one hour.
If the flight has been delayed for more than 90 minutes, you can avail of the following advantages as compensation.
- You can travel on another flight arranged by the airline without paying any extra charges.
- Southwest Airlines will offer you a $100 travel coupon that can be used for future bookings.
- You can get refunds for delayed flights as per the Southwest flight delay policy.
If a new flight has not been arranged within 2 hours, you will be eligible to get the following advantages as compensation.
- There will be an increase in the amount of travel vouchers by $300 for each passenger.
- In such a situation, you will get LUV vouchers. If you want to claim compensation in such cases, it is mandatory to be on the Priority Standby list.
If you have further doubts regarding Southwest flight delay compensation, dial the customer service number to talk to a live person.
Who will get Southwest LUV Vouchers?
If you have booked your flight under Companion pass and Rapid Rewards, you will be eligible for LUV vouchers.
To get more info regarding UV vouchers, you should call one of the Southwest representatives at any time. They are obtainable around the clock to assist you with claiming flight delay compensation hassle-free.
How Do I Get Southwest Flight Delay Compensation?
Southwest Airlines allows its passengers to claim flight delay compensation whenever their flight gets delayed from the airline’s end. If you want to know the steps to get flight delay compensation on Southwest Airlines, apply the following methods.
Way 1: Visit Southwest’s official website
- The first step is to head to the official website of Southwest Airlines.
- After that, choose the Manage Reservation option from the homepage.
- Next, you will be asked to request a return flight.
- Follow the ongoing instructions appearing on your screen.
- Now, enter the booking confirmation number, passenger’s last name, etc.
- After entering all the required info, submit it to claim Southwest flight delay compensation.
- You should notify your credit card company to file the refund within that time.
- Enter the mandatory information to file a claim to Southwest Airlines regarding a delayed flight.
- Take out photocopies of the claim form and the relevant documents.
- Finally, you must sign and submit the documents to the airline.
Way 2: Via the Southwest Mobile Application
If the flight is delayed by Southwest Airlines, you will get an option to travel on another flight for free. Or, you can request a refund for the unused portion of the Southwest ticket. In such a situation, you can also use the Southwest mobile application.
- Initially, access the mobile application of Southwest Airlines.
- Afterward, you need to choose the Look for reservation option.
- Enter the passenger’s last name along with the booking reservation number.
- Check for the refunds are available or not.
- Next, you need to check whether your name is correctly spelled. If not, make it correct.
- In the next step, choose the refund option.
- Finally, the airline will transfer the refund amount to your registered email ID.
Way 3: Get the flight compensation over a call
- To claim the Southwest flight delay compensation, dial the Southwest Airlines Customer Service Number 1 (800) 435-9792.
- Next, you need to provide your flight details to the live person to retrieve your booking.
- The live representative will confirm your reimbursement claim.
- Finally, the airline will inform you about the advantages and the paid amount when you have completed the process.
Way 4: Compose an Email to the airline
- Initially, visit the official website of Southwest Airlines.
- Click the Contact us option. >
- And then tap on Email Us.
- Lastly, you need to compose an email regarding Southwest flight delay compensation and send it to the official email ID.
How Can I Use Southwest LUV Vouchers?
Have you earned LUV vouchers as compensation from Southwest but aren’t aware of the steps to use them? In this case, you may check out the following information to use LUV vouchers for further bookings. Here are the complete instructions to use these vouchers.
- First, you need to remember that a maximum of 2 vouchers can be applied when booking a flight on Southwest Airlines.
- After booking your flight online, go to the payment section
- Next, click the Southwest LUV voucher option.
- Look into the email that contains the info regarding LUV vouchers.
- Enter the Security code and voucher number to get discounts.
- Finally, confirm your booking with Southwest Airlines.
If you still have queries related to Southwest flight delay compensation, you should get a human by dialing the Southwest Airlines Customer Service Number. And then, feel free to ask anything regarding the same.