Airline Pet Policy
Can’t you think of traveling without your lovely pet? There is no need to leave your friend at home while vacationing at some exotic destination. Each airline has a well-curated pet policy that can help you to fly hassle-free. Choose your desired airline, and go through the airline pet policy to board the flight with your favorite friend.
All major airline has a comprehensive pet policy that allows flyers to travel with their pets at much ease. Moreover, these airlines know that taking a pet on the flight can be daunting sometimes, but if you learn their policies, it will be a piece of cake. If you want to know which airlines offer the best pet policy, then read the following information carefully.
What is the Pet Policy for Southwest Airlines?
With Southwest Airlines, you can bring one per container on the flight per one traveler. According to the Southwest Airlines pet policy, small vaccinated dogs and cats can travel with you in the cabin. Please note that you can’t take your lovely per on an international flight with you. Some important points are-
- If you are purchasing the airline’s pet carrier, then its dimensions will be 17” L x 9.5” H x 10” W. Passengers who are getting the container from outside must know the maximum dimensions. It should be 18.5” L x 8.5” H x 13.5” W.
- In addition to this, your pet carrier must be leak proof.
- A minor traveling alone can’t fly with a pet.
- Moreover, a small fee will be charged to you as a pet fee.
What is Delta Airlines Pet Policy?
Small household birds, small cats, and dogs can travel in the flights of Delta. You will need to pay a one-way fee at check-in. Pets can travel as a carry-on and check. To know the policy in detail, check out the below-mentioned points.
- Make sure that your pet is at least 10 weeks old if you are going on a domestic flight.
- If you are going to the USA from any other country, then it should be at least 16 weeks old. Moreover, passengers who are taking their pets to the European Union must ensure that their pet is 15 weeks old.
- As per the Delta Airlines pet policy, each vacationer should bring an appropriate pet kennel to ensure the comfort of their pet.
- Furthermore, the maximum dimensions of the pet kennel should be 18” x 11” x 11”.
What is United Airlines Pet Policy?
Domesticated dogs and cats can fly with you in the cabin. You must carry them in an approved carrier, which should be placed under your seat. Let’s have a look at the vital points.
- $125 is a service charge for taking your pet on the flight for a one-way.
- On domestic flights, kittens and puppies should be at least 2 months old to board the flight. In addition to this, kittens and puppies should be at least 4 months old on international flights.
- Bring the pet in an approved soft-sided and hard-sided pet carrier.
- According to the United Airlines pet policy, the hard-sided pet carriers are 44 cm x 30 cm x 19 cm or 17.5 inches L x 12 inches W x 7.5 inches H.
- Moreover, the soft-sided kennels should not exceed 46 cm x 28 cm x 28 cm or 18 inches L x 11 inches W x 11 inches H.
How strict is American Airlines Pet Policy?
Whether you can take the pet as a carry-on or in the cargo depends upon the size and breed of the animal. Moreover, carry-on pets are limited to dogs and cats. Checked pets will only be accepted at the ticket counter. Note the following points before taking your pet on the flight.
- As per the American Airlines pet policy, you can bring one kennel as a carry-on bag.
- Your pet has to stay in the kennel throughout the journey.
- The maximum dimensions of the pet carrier on Mainline flights are 48 x 33 x 22 centimeters or 19 x 13 x 9 inches.
- Moreover, 40 x 30 x 20 centimeters or 16 x 12 x 8 inches should be the maximum dimensions on American Eagle.
What is Spirit Airlines Pet Policy?
Want to take your favorite friend on the flight? Spirit Airlines has a comprehensive pet policy that permits flyers to take their pets on the flight. The airline permits flyers to bring small domesticated pets on all domestic flights. Some important guidelines are-
- Bring your pet in a kennel that should not exceed 18 x 14 x 9 inches.
- Your pet should not be violent or ill, as per the Spirit Airlines pet policy.
- Moreover, the combined weight of the carrier and your fur buddy should not be more than 18.14 kg or 40 pounds.
- Your pet should be fully weaned and at least 8 weeks old.
What is the Alaska Airlines Pet Policy?
When it comes to the pet policy, Alaska Airlines is considered the best choice. It has the most flexible policy and the lowest fares. Space for taking your pets on the flight totally depends upon the availability. You can connect with the airline executive to know about the Alaska Airlines pet policy in detail.
- A traveler should be at least 18 years old to take the pet on the flight.
- In the main cabin, a customer can bring 2 pet carriers.
- Up to 2 pets of similar size and same species can travel in the same pet kennel.
- Pets that can travel in the kennel are household birds, rabbits, cats, and dogs.
If you have any queries, then connect with us immediately.