United Airlines is popular in the aviation industry for providing young travelers with a safe and comfortable flight experience. Whether they are flying for a family trip or summer camp, minors can travel alone without accompanying passengers. Parents can book the United airlines unaccompanied minor service and customize a hassle-free trip for their kids You can call the team at 1-800-864-8331 and obtain assistance.
What is United Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Policy?
United Airlines allows children of 5-14 years to fly alone without an adult who is at least 18 years old. Moreover, the service serves kids with complete assistance at the airport before or after flight arrival or departure. Additionally, United unaccompanied minors service begins during flight check-in and lasts till an adult picks up the minors.
Age Structure for Unaccompanied Minor United Airlines Flights
- As per the unaccompanied minor United Airlines policy, children between 5 -14 years can fly alone without an adult. Moreover, one can book flights on the same reservation and book the airline’s unaccompanied minor service.
- United Airlines charges an extra fee of $150 for booking flights under minor travel each way. Additionally, the fee applies to up to two children using the service. However, one has to pay a double price for booking round trip flights for minors.
- In addition, the fee includes a seat, free food, and pre-boarding.
- Children under the age group of 15 or more can board flights alone operated by United and United Express.
- Moreover, minors can fly alone but only on nonstop flights. One can book the service online or by calling on the airline’s customer service phone number, 1-800-864-8331.
- Most importantly, the minor service is mandatory for children between the age group of 5 and 14 years flying alone.
- Dial 1-800-864-8331 to book unaccompanied minor United Airlines flights within domestic routes and a flight attendant will accompany you to the boarding gate.
How do I Book United Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Flights?
If your child is flying under unaccompanied minor travel, you can book tickets either online or at a call. Moreover, call on 1-800-864-8331 and speak with a flight representative. Furthermore, provide the correct information about your kid’s date of birth, arrival, and departure destinations. Also, if a parent or guardian is traveling with a minor, they need to submit the legal documents.
What are the Guidelines on Reaching the Airport on United Airlines?
Parents or guardians have to follow the below important guidelines on reaching the arrival airport on United Airlines.
- You have to reach the airport at least 45 minutes before the scheduled flight departure.
- If you are flying within the domestic U.S domestic route and choosing international flights: i) You will receive a gate pass from the airport ticket counter. ii) The representative will ask you to show your photo ID card issued by the government from the ticket counter. iii) Next, proceed through security to the arrival gate to meet your child. iv) Access the airport arrival gate and submit the flight information from the airline’s free mobile app.
- For other operating international flights which require Customs/Immigration clearance, you need to provide. i) Parents have to arrive at the arrival airport on time ii) Next, wait outside the Customs area iii) Your ID at the airport iv) See your kid after they go through Customs
- In addition, flight attendants will check in with your child till reaching the final destination.
- Most importantly, parents or guardians need to show a valid ID for the age verification at the airport. Also, they have to sign a release application stating that they have accepted the custody of the minor.
- Young travelers between 15 to 17 years can call on 1-800-864-8331 and avail the United Airlines unaccompanied minors service and fly alone.
Are There Any Restrictions for Flight Check-in with United Airlines Unaccompanied Minors?
If you have booked United Airlines unaccompanied minors flights, you must reach the airport at least 30 minutes early.
Unaccompanied Minor Travel Process
Unaccompanied minor travel can be a daunting experience, but it can be made much easier with the proper preparation and knowledge of the process. United Airlines has a comprehensive unaccompanied minor travel process in place to ensure the safety and security of your child during their time away from home.
To ensure a flawless and secure air travel experience for your child, familiarise yourself with United Airlines’ UM travel policy and its accompanying guidelines. Before making a final reservation, make sure that you understand all the details of the United Airlines unaccompanied minor travel process.
While opting for an unaccompanied minor travel program, safety is always a parent’s primary concern. United Airlines has established certain policies for unaccompanied minors (children aged 5-17 flying without an adult or guardian). Unaccompanied minor check-in usually begins when the minor arrives at the airport. The airline’s staff will assist and guide throughout the procedure to ensure the minor’s safety and well-being.
- While proceeding to United Airlines’ unaccompanied minor check-in process, ensure that the child has all the essential travel documents in order.
- Please note the airline doesn’t allow unaccompanied minors to check in mobile/online.
- The parent or legal guardian has to escort the minor to the check-in counter. However, they must sign a release form in order to finalise the check-in process.
- After that, the attendant will accompany your child through the airport and to their seat on the plane.
- Once you finish the check-in, the legal guardian must take the minor to the gate because the airline doesn’t allow children to check in online on United Airlines Flights.
- After that, a special Unaccompanied Minor Agent will verify the contact details of who’ll drop your kid off and meet your child at the airport.
- The minor also gets a lanyard or wristband so that an aircrew will identify as a child travelling alone/ unaccompanied minors.
- Minor will be given a special backpack to keep their documents safely, such as boarding passes, minor forms, passports, etc.
- The airline also provides a special customer agent number if you wish to speak with a child on board.
- Even the airline provides unaccompanied minors exceptional benefits such as priority boarding, access to VIP lounges, and complimentary meals.
- A United Airlines employee will escort the unaccompanied minor from the departure gate to the aircraft and then to the designated seat.
- During the unaccompanied minor flight, they will be provided complimentary food & beverages and a special United Airlines activity kit to keep them occupied.
- The United Airlines cabin crew will also check in with the unaccompanied minor during the flight to ensure their safety and comfort.
- Please note Parents and guardians must inform the representative beforehand if their child is on medication.
During the flight, United Airlines unaccompanied minors can expect to receive the following:
- Pre-flight briefing from a United Airlines representative Assistance with check-in and boarding.
- A special tag to identify them as an unaccompanied minor.
- A flight attendant was assigned to monitor the child during the duration of the flight.
- Special meals, snacks, and beverages tailored for minors.
- Post-flight follow-up with a parent or guardian at the destination airport.
United Airlines ID requirements for minors
Under the United Airlines unaccompanied minor policy, children aged 5 to 17 travelling alone must present a valid government-issued photo ID (such as a passport, driver’s licence, or birth certificate) for each flight. If the minor is flying internationally, they must also present the necessary visas or other travel documents. Depending on the destination, additional documentation may be required.
Minor age below 17 years flying without the accompany of a guardian need one of the following:
- Driver’s licence.
- Credit card.
- School ID.
- Company ID.
- Library card.
- Birth certificate.
- Social Security card.
Here are a Few Things Which You Must Know When Check-in Flights for Minors on United Airlines.
- Online and mobile check-in facility is not available for kids flying alone. Moreover, once you reach the airport, visit the check-in counter.
- After that, verify your contact information for the adult passengers flying with the child.
- The team will provide a wristband to wear and special bag tags so that an attendant can identify them clearly.
How Much does It Cost to Book Unaccompanied Minors United Airlines Flights?
The fees for unaccompanied minors vary with your trip type and the total number of children flying on United flights. For instance,
United unaccompanied minor fee
For 1 to 2 children
$150 each way.
For three or four minors
$300 each way.
Up to five to six children
$450 each way
If you wish to book a round trip, the minors fee will be double, and you can’t refuse to pay.
How can I avoid the unaccompanied minor fees at United Airlines?
Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid the unaccompanied minor fees at United Airlines, as they are mandatory. However, the airline charges unaccompanied minor fees to ensure that a child travelling alone is taken care of while in transit.
Does United Airlines provide medication for Unaccompanied minors?
No, United Airlines does not provide medication for Unaccompanied Minors. The airline recommends that Parents and guardians must inform the representative beforehand if their child is on medication. If your child is on medication, provide the necessary medicines over the check-in counter before travel. However, parents should also ensure that the unaccompanied Minor has all necessary medication information, including dosage instructions and potential side effects.
Tips for booking a trip for an unaccompanied minor
- Booking a flight ticket for an unaccompanied minor requires a lot of planning. So give yourself plenty of time to research flights to ensure everything is in order.
- Safety should be the top priority when booking a flight for an unaccompanied minor. Look for flights with non-stop routes, minimal layovers, and an airline with a satisfactory safety record.
- If possible, book a non-stop flight for your child. Non-stop flights are less confusing and can reduce the risk of them getting lost or confused during the flight.
- Purchase travel insurance to cover any unexpected costs that may arise. It’ll help to protect you and your child if something goes wrong.
- Ensure your kid is relaxed or aware of the restrictions while flying alone. Be prepared for any unexpected circumstances and plan what to do in case of an emergency or delay.
Can a parent accompany a minor to the gate at the United Airlines Airport?
Under the United Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Program, the drop-off legal guardian can accompany the child to the gate at the airport. However, the guardian who’ll pick up your child at the airport can wait by the arrival gate if entrance passes are available. A special Unaccompanied Minor Agent will meet the child at the plane and bring them to a designated pick-up person.
United Airlines Unaccompanied Minor : FAQs
The minimum age for kids traveling alone may vary with different airlines. For instance, on booking unaccompanied minors United Airlines service, the eligibility for flying alone is between 15 and 17 years. Moreover, the service is applicable on direct domestic flights and not connecting or any international flights.
An 18-year-old traveler has to submit a few important travel documents issued by the U.S federal and the state. Moreover, on booking a minor service, provide a photo ID card containing your name, date of birth, gender, and expiration date.
Here are the following documents which you need to submit when flying within the US on United Airlines.
A passport card
U.S military card
A designated driver’s license
Native American Tribal photo ID card
An airport-issued ID card
A registered traveler card with a name, date of birth, gender, and expiration date on it
A foreign passport issued by the government
Transportation worker Identification Credential
United Airlines advise children ages 5 to 14 years to travel as an unaccompanied minor alone without an adult passenger. However, if your child doesn’t fall in the eligible category, someone 18 years old needs to accompany the kid.
See Other Related Blog Posts :
- How does United Change Flight Process Works ?
- How do I talk to United Airlines Live Agent?
- United Airlines Senior Citizen Discount
- Commutair DBA United Express
Submit your review