Seat selection is one of the only options with Delta Airlines that a passenger can skip at the time of flight reservation. By this, you can pick your preferred seat by the two methods. The first is online, and the second is at the time of flight check-in to get the boarding pass. You must learn about the procedure for choosing Delta Airlines seats. There is no wonder to figure out the benefits for the elite members and some restrictions on the basic economy flight ticket. Here is how the Delta Airlines seat selection works and the related cost.
Does Delta Airlines Allow Seat Selection?
Yes, Delta Airlines allows seat selection or changes in the seat when booking the flight, in the my trips, or during the flight check-in. However, you will be able to pick the seats or do Delta Airlines seat selection when booking the journey, or Delta will automatically allot to you. If you see the seat occupied option, this means that it is full and has already been selected by someone else.
What are Delta Seat Options?
Every passenger deserves to feel at home while flying high on the move. Delta Airlines will take care of you when you are busy taking care of everything else. They proudly offer you various seats and experiences for domestic and international flight scheduled departures.
Premium cabin experiences
Find the luxury seating and the fine dining to start the journey with the expedited screening. You can stretch out in the spacious seats at the below options.
One of the luxury experiences in long-haul international flights is you will get a fully flat bed to be seated for the next trip. Passengers can get a Delta Airlines seat selection free of cost to access premium snacks, free checked bags, meals, priority boarding, flight attendants, etc.
Get a more spacious seating experience that always touches the relaxation. It is like the version of premium economy, having better recliners and larger seats. If you choose the premium select seats delta option, you can get the seats within the same cabin at no extra fees.
This is like the premier domestic experience, having personal and spacious seats. You can enjoy the flexibility to change or cancel the seats without any fees. There will be 8 inches of extra legroom to stretch your legs and other amenities.
International main cabin experience
Impress yourself in the elevated main cabin seats of Delta, which are available on selected international flights. You can welcome onboard with an amenity kit and create memorable moments for your vacation. See how Delta offers seats in the comfort+.
Diamond and platinum level passengers can choose the comfort + seats for free after the purchase. Airlines provide more legroom, extra overhead bin space, and special boarding for the journey. You will be able to select the seats 72 hours before the scheduled departure.
The main cabin preferred
Passengers can choose the main cabin preferred seats at no extra fees when booking the seats with all four elite status. For the main cabin seat assigned at gate delta for your destination.
How to Select Seats on Delta Airlines?
Delta Airlines allows you to get the flight seats at the time of booking or anytime after the reservation. Passengers can get the Delta Airlines seat assignment at the preferred travel class by following the instructions.
Choose the seats after the booking online:
- Firstly, go to the Delta Airlines official website
- There, you can get the manage booking handle from the top.
- You must enter the booking code and the passenger’s last name.
- When you submit the same, you will find the booking details with the Airlines.
- From that, select the flight for choosing the seats and tap on the seat selection button.
- You are allowed to select the seats from the given options for your travel class.
- Get the preferred seats for each of the passengers from the seat map.
- Then, you need to pay the cost of your seats and the applicable fare difference.
- Once you continue the process, you will receive the confirmation mail from Delta.
Choose the seats at the time of web check-in:
If you are still unable to choose the seats online, you can get the same at the time of web check-in. For this, you can go after the below information for Delta to choose seats for the journey.
- Open the Delta Airlines check-in page on their website.
- Insert the PNR number and the passenger’s last name.
- You will get the itinerary details with Delta for the boarding pass.
- Before getting the boarding pass, you can choose your comfortable seats
- Under the seating options, choose the desired seats and pay the fees.
- Delta Airlines will share the boarding pass with your registered email ID.
Can I Pick Seats on Delta?
Delta Airlines delivers a variety of seating options to make a reservation in the different cabin classes as per availability. The seats include economy, premium select, first class, and Delta one seat. Passengers are allowed to select the seats while booking the flight ticket through the particular cost for any upgrades. However, you can also pick your Delta Airlines preferred seat anytime after the purchase.
Does Delta Charge for Seat Selection?
Every passenger needs to pay the basic fees for choosing a seat with Delta. Therefore, you must be aware of the rules for Delta Airlines seat charges to find the fees accordingly, as stated below.
- If you purchase the seats at booking or within 24 hours of the purchase, you don’t need to pay any fees for the same.
- Passengers who have elite status don’t need to pay the fees as they can use the miles for the same.
- After 24 hours of the purchase, you must pay the fees between $10 and $50 for the destination.
- The seat cost will depend on the ticket type, destination, and the number of passengers in each flight segment.
Why Can’t I Select Seats on a Delta Flight?
Sometimes, you can’t pick the seats on a Delta flight as you might have booked a basic economy ticket. These types of seating options have multiple restrictions that may affect choosing the right seats. Passengers having primary economy flight tickets cannot choose the seats as they are assigned random seats. Moreover, you can talk to a live person about the Delta Seat selection unavailable and get the best option.
What Happens If You Don’t Select a Seat on the Delta?
If you bought the flight ticket with Delta and you have not selected the seat of your choice, then the airline will provide you with the same. You can ask for the seat number at the airport boarding gates as per the cabin. With this, seats are assigned at gate Delta, and you can easily check the seating plan for the vacant seats.