About Air Canada
Many people think that they have to pay huge airfares flying to any destination in Europe, America, Asia, Africa and Oceania. However, it is a myth when there is Air Canada. Traveling to any destination across Asia, Africa, Europe, Oceania and the America cannot exceed your travel expense. Thanks to the low-cost airline, Air Canada. Additionally, recognized as an airline offering flight tickets to domestic and international destination at really economical rates, this airline has some prominent features like:
- Commitment towards their customers
- 24×7 Availability
Knowing the history of the airline is equally important like getting a clear idea of the features. So, let’s find out the impact of making Air Canada your flying partner. Here present a brief introduction of the airline.
About the Airline
Air Canada is the largest airline in Canada in terms of passenger traffic and fleet size. Founded in the year 1937, this incredible airline is very popular. Moreover, it operate schedule flights and charter flights to 207 destinations in all around the globe. Air Canada operates flights for passengers and cargo as well.
With a team of dedicated and highly professional staff and also with improved infrastructure, the airline operate flights to 64 domestic destinations and 158 international destinations across Europe, America, Asia, Africa and Oceania.
The corporate headquarters of this Canadian airline is in Montreal, Quebec. However, the major hub of this carrier is at Toronto Pearson International Airport. Air Canada Express is the regional service of the airline.
In addition to having a large fleet size and an excellent capacity to handle millions of passengers, Air Canada, a major airline in Canada is favourite of flyers for having some interesting facts.
Now, you must be curious to know what makes Air Canada special. Why to opt for this Canadian airline when there is a plethora of options in today’s time. Well, there are endless reasons behind the popularity of this carrier. Let’s find out the 5 most fascinating facts about the airline which are of historical significance too.
5 Facts that Will Fascinated You about Air Canada
- In the year 1990, Air Canada created a new identification by being the world’s first scheduled airline offering exclusively smoke-free flights for domestic and international destinations. However, after years of struggle and with hard work, the airline became successful in creating flights which are smoke-free between North America and Europe.
- With years of experience in this domain and much struggle and dedication, the airline was successful in developing the first computerized reservation system in the world. Moreover, the staff at the carrier being technically sound and highly advanced successfully created this digital form of making reservation in the year 1963.
- Thirdly, it is important to be aware of the fact that Air Canada was the first airline in the world which makes its fleet highly equipped with alcohol de-icing nozzles. The main purpose of this innovation is to remove the accumulated ice from the windshields at high altitudes.
- Air Canada was the first airline in the world successful in recognizing the validity of efficiency claims for the by-pass engine, which is commonly referred to as a jet engine. Also, it is globally recognized for being an airline capable and technically strong to use the jet engine in civil operation mainly on the Montreal-Vancouver route.
- Contemporary travelers can have access to express check-in kiosks. It helps in saving time while fulfilling all the check-in formalities in no time. The most interesting fact about this is it was the initiative of Air Canada. This major airline of Canada was the first carrier to introduce self-service express check-in desks in Canada.
Well, these are the major interesting facts that all travelers of Air Canada need to be aware of. Besides, the airline very famous for on-time departure and arrival of flights.